• Hazardous Duty Pay: NTEU 105 has been very vocal on this topic. Today we were notified that the bill is already in the works. We are waiting for the details surrounding this bill so that we can provide you with the details.
• School Closures: We are working with the agency to help those employees who are having legitimate child cares issues. The agency has agreed that they will work with those employees to figure. If you are having child care issues please reach out to your local Chief Steward so that we can work with you and the agency to help find a solution to your individual situation.
• Additional Leave Slots: We are still awaiting response from the agency in regards to offering more AL slots.
• Telework: HQ agreed with NTEU that we need to open more opportunities for Telework where feasible. At this time the agency is identifying which positions can be placed on Telework within the SDFO.
• Personal Protective Equipment: HQ has placed orders Nationwide in order to ensure that supplies last.
• Contact Tracing: We have been closely monitoring this because we feel it is extremely important for the safety of all of us. We are currently waiting for a response from HQ and CDC on this.
• COVID-19 testing for employees: We are fighting for this at the HQ level. Our employees are in close contact with thousands of travelers a day raising the possibility of exposure. It is extremely important for our officers to have access to testing to protect ourselves and the community from further spread.
Please document all concerning situations and keep all medical notes. If you think you were exposed, your Local Chief Steward and the OWCP office can help you through the process to make a claim. In the case a Doctor or a CDC official recommends self-quarantine please contact your Chief Steward ASAP to help you through process
• COSTCO and other retailers: NTEU has a partnership with Costco. Currently, retailers like Costco are allowing senior citizens to shop first during a designated time frame. Chapter 105 is waiting on a response from a local Costco and Walmart to see if they are willing to extend that courtesy to First and Emergency Responders.
• “Essential travel”: Chapter 105 has reached out to HQ to get more clarification on what “essential travel” is. we will continue to update the employees of the specific travel restrictions.
• Closure of positions within the ports: We met with local management and made several recommendations to close lanes and positions that are not essential.
• Weather and Safety Leave: We are pushing the agency to use Weather and Safety leave as much as possible for EVERYONE in conjunction with RDO's. This would limit everyone’s chances of exposure by allowing our employees to stay home without the added worry of utilizing leave or if a paycheck is still coming. We are working on the details with the agency as to how to implement it. We are hoping to bring this to everyone as soon as possible
Please stand by as we will be continuing to provide updates on the COVID-19 pandemic
**If you are having child care issues please reach out to your local Chief Steward so that we can work with you and the agency to help find a solution to your individual situation**.